We have one action item coming up: Cincinnati is proposing a circus ban, a private exotic ownership ban, and a rabbit and cat pet sale ban. It is being heard next Tuesday, May 21, at 11 AM by the Equity, Inclusion, Youth, and The Arts Committee. The agenda is here
The committee members are listed below with their contact information:
MO HCS-SCS 559 / WAPA has unfortunately not made it through the Missouri congress. I commend The Cavalry Group and all who supported this bill in MO and in other states for their dedication, diligence, and passion for the human-animal bond.
HSUS has announced that TX SB 641 has died in committee. We are all thankful this agenda driven bill has fallen by the wayside for now. You may read their FB announcement here
When adding bills this past week I noticed Puerto Rico has a circus ban and a pet store sales ban in its legislature.
Bills that have dropped off the list:
- SC HB 3086 - Dog Breeder Standards - Died
- TN HB 281/TN SB 436 - Pet store dog breeder source requirements - Died
- WA HB 1026 - Concerning breed-based dog regulations - Passed
Bills that were added:
- MA HB 3772 - an act relative to protecting animals from abusers
- NY SB 5801 - Includes wildlife animals as those subject to the animal cruelty provisions of the agriculture and markets law.
Click here for complete Legislative Update>>>>