This week we have an action item for the Working Animal Protection Act in the state of Missouri (MO SB 559). The specifics are in the attachment.
A lobbyist has been hired for TX SB 641 which is great news for protecting private owners and circuses.
A few bills have dropped off the list:
- AZ HB 2588 - Establishes an Animal Abuse Registry - Died
- CO HB 1092 - Prohibition on future ownership of an animal for persons convicted of animal cruelty - Passed
- IN HB 1576 - Establishes an Animal Abuse Registry - Dead
- MT HB 379 - Working Animal Protection Act - Dead
I have added the following:
- MA HB 1445 - Establishes an Animal Abuse Registry
- MA SB 114 - An Act protecting the health and safety of puppies and kittens in cities and towns
- MA SB 175 - An Act banning the retail sale of cats and dogs in pet shops
- NC HB 577 - Limit Ownership of Certain Animals
- NJ S 2674 - Revises standard for warrantless seizure of animal at risk due to violation of law concerning necessary care and tethering of animals.
- OH HB 24 - To make changes to humane society law, to make humane society agents subject to bribery law, and to establish procedures for the seizure and impoundment of certain animals and livestock.
Click for complete Legislative Update>>>>